August 23, 2008
I should probably write about this terrific book, or how testdisk saved my life the other day, or how I recently remembered three non-depressing songs I used to like years ago, or how good a translation challenge “mă apropii de pietre şi tac” is, or rant about why Moldova didn’t go to IOI this year… but instead I’ll just say:
KIV -> FRA -> BOS
This is surreal.
August 19, 2008
Which was not as impressive as her other works.
Read the rest of this entry »
August 9, 2008
(which is unfortunately unavailable online)
- People don’t want reasons to do what they’d like to do. […] They want excuses.
- It’s like lying and not knowing you’re lying, that’s what’s fatal. […]
- The tragedy of life is that sometimes we get what we want.
- When I’ve seen you go into an empty room I’ve sometimes wanted to open the door suddenly, but I’ve been afraid to in case I found nobody there.
- “the origin of poetry is emotion recollected in tranquillity”
- […] It’s we, the actors, who are the reality. […] They are our raw material. We are the meaning of their lives.
[…] Why, it’s only we who do exist. They are the shadows and we give them substance. We are the symbols of all this confused, aimless struggling that they call life, and it’s only the symbol which is real. They say acting is only make-believe. That make-believe is the only reality.