- I now have a flickr account. I’m particularly proud of this photo.
- The Satyrian lyrics have been removed. Better edited versions are available on darklyrics. Even uncredited, it still feels good that they originated from me
- The quotes section has been removed. There are just too many good ones and my preferences change too often. Of those that were on that page, here are the ones that I still like:
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe. (Lao Tzu)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former. (attributed to Albert Einstein)
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess. (J. R. R. Tolkien)
Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better. (Albert Camus)
Dreams permit each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. (William Dement)
There is no spoon. (The Matrix)
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. (Equilibrium) (actually W. B. Yeats)
I believe if there’s any kind of God, it wouldn’t be in any of us, not you or me, but just this little space in between. If there’s any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed, but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt. (Before Sunrise)
Sorry about the mess I currently made of this blog. I updated the Code section (aka. Magic) and had to create a separate post for every config file that was listed there. The news here is:
- I’ve become maintainer of the KCharSelect widget/utility app in KDE. I haven’t done much besides bragging yet, but I have some bug fixes (before 4.1) and features in mind.
- With a little luck (and a lot of free time if I find it), I will begin porting Filelight to KDE 4.
In other weakly related news:
- Theme change. Opinions?
- Blogroll updated. Forget common sense.
- I won’t be home until Monday. I’m going to make an ass of myself again in front of the unbeatable Romanian contestants at the .Campion final round
- I’ve been pondering whether I should finally get my own domain + paid hosting soon. I decided that it’s not yet the time, since except for a few gotchas (can only upload certain file types, can’t change CSS), I’ve been really happy with the WordPress.com service.
Now, if this post is not random, than I don’t know what is!
Exactly 1 year and 2 days ago I wrote my first post here. It’s funny how the greatest of epiphanies seem to happen to me at the end of years. Here’s what the front page of my blog used to say only days ago:
You are forbidden to read any further unless you know how to enjoy the miracle of life. No, I don’t need proof. Prove it to yourself. Quoting someone famous, When you got me figured out, tell me about me; I’ll be interested.
Welcome to my place on the Web.
Now, step back, take a deep breath, and repeat after me: THIS IS SO FAKE!
If you don’t see why, I’ll explain later. I intend to write a series of stories in which I will tell you stuff in such a way that you won’t know whether they are really about me or not. So brace yourself ;)
Before I digress too far, I want to get back to what this post is all about. You! Thank you for reading, regardless of whether you’ve been here from the beginning or this is your first visit here. In the year of the rat I promise not to abandon this blog to the rodents!
A lot of stuff is happening these days to my blog… I already updated / cleaned-up most pages, and I am thinking of changing the theme (got tired of this one). Since this is work in progress, don’t be too surprised if you find crappy looks or broken links…
I’ll keep you posted!
Update: the changes are pretty much done. I’m not completely satisfied with the new ‘Freshy’ theme, because:
- These bullets look funny.
- Selected text is orange.
- The code tag creates lines of its own, like this:
this is\This is not a bad thing in itself, but all the posts I’ve written using the code tag now look cluttered because all it used to do in the old theme was set a fixed-width font. Lazy me should probably edit the old posts to fix this…
- Probably much more I haven’t seen yet.
Question of the day: do you thing the header image (up there) is too depressing? Please take time to comment. Thanks!
Blame me for phrasing such a bizarre question ;)
What’s wrong with ‘TOP SECRET’?
… about myself:
- My two favorite scents are that of rain and that of melons.
- I find it a lot easier to talk with people behind a wall of electronics than face-to-face. (bad bad bad!)
- I feel a certain amount of sadistic pleasure when saying ‘Bună ziua’ to neighbors of mine who speak Russian only.
- I like how British English sounds, but I never use it in written.
…and about the world:
- Telepathy _does_ work, but it only gives glimpses of someone else’s emotions. Full thoughts are impossible to discern with an untrained mind’s eye.
- Your teeth will go bad no matter how often you brush them or how often you visit the dentist.
- School bureaucracy is easy to fool.
Google can’t help you this time:
Give me a word in English in which the substring “sh” is not pronounced as in “shape”.