March 9, 2008
Don’t think, or judge, just listen.
I’m still not sure what to make of Sarah Dessen’s latest book. I definitely enjoyed the unlikely combination of music, modeling, radio, personal secrets and… bacon! that the novel presents. The story was pretty amazing as well, with the exception of the ending, which I feel had too many good things concentrated. And I can relate to the wanting-to-quit-but-not-doing-it-as-it-would-disappoint-others state of mind. But like so many other times, I feel that here is an important lesson for me and I’m not getting it.
Read the rest of this entry »
February 14, 2008
Here are some categories of people, and what they do on this [non]special day:
- Those who hate it philosophically.
They are the same people who refuse to celebrate New Year because it’s “just another night.”
- It’s just a day like any other. It’s not special. Why should I show more love today than I usually do?
- If today is more than yesterday, I’ll regret it tomorrow when everything gets back to normal.
- Those who hate it personally.
as in sour grapes.
- “Everybody hates me.”
- VD stands not only for Valentine’s Day but also for Venereal Disease.
- “Relax, it will only get worse.”
- “Why do I miss someone I never met?” (Nightwish — Cadence of Her Last Breath)
- System Of A Down — Lonely Day
- Try to immerse themselves in any activity just to take their minds off their loneliness.
- Breathe over cold glass to fog it and then draw a heart shape.
- Stare at the 56% full moon.
- Big fake smile.
- “Of course I love this day.”
- “Yeah but will you love me as much tomorrow?”
- Those who enjoy it consciously.
I.e. taking into account all that the philosophical haters know.
- “OK, so this is a day just like any other. But since everyone else is having fun, why shouldn’t I?”
- “Tomorrow doesn’t have to be less than today.”
- Those who enjoy it in blissful ignorance.
- “Philosophy? Cut the crap.”
- “I love you today more than any other day.”
- Brag to others about their superior status.
- “OMG!! presents!!1!”
I’ll keep adding to this list as I figure out more stuff ;)