Here are some categories of people, and what they do on this [non]special day:
- Those who hate it philosophically.
They are the same people who refuse to celebrate New Year because it’s “just another night.”
- It’s just a day like any other. It’s not special. Why should I show more love today than I usually do?
- If today is more than yesterday, I’ll regret it tomorrow when everything gets back to normal.
- Those who hate it personally.
as in sour grapes.
- “Everybody hates me.”
- VD stands not only for Valentine’s Day but also for Venereal Disease.
- “Relax, it will only get worse.”
- “Why do I miss someone I never met?” (Nightwish — Cadence of Her Last Breath)
- System Of A Down — Lonely Day
- Try to immerse themselves in any activity just to take their minds off their loneliness.
- Breathe over cold glass to fog it and then draw a heart shape.
- Stare at the 56% full moon.
- Big fake smile.
- “Of course I love this day.”
- “Yeah but will you love me as much tomorrow?”
- Those who enjoy it consciously.
I.e. taking into account all that the philosophical haters know.
- “OK, so this is a day just like any other. But since everyone else is having fun, why shouldn’t I?”
- “Tomorrow doesn’t have to be less than today.”
- Those who enjoy it in blissful ignorance.
- “Philosophy? Cut the crap.”
- “I love you today more than any other day.”
- Brag to others about their superior status.
- “OMG!! presents!!1!”
I’ll keep adding to this list as I figure out more stuff ;)