I didn’t guess just how much I liked fantasy books until I read Robert Jordan‘s ‘The Eye of the World,’ the first volume of The Wheel of Time series. While confusing and a bit boring at first, because there were so many characters with strange names, the story quickly enraptured me. Some quotes:
- A little more light in the darkness.
- …shouting at the top of their lungs. Shouting to scare anything that might be waiting; shouting to remind themselves they were still alive.
- If wishes were wings, sheep would fly.
- …hope is like a piece of string when you’re drowning; it just isn’t enough to get you out by itself.
- Sooner or later there’s always trouble when there’s two humans together.
- Going to spend the rest of your life running, running and afraid of your own dreams.
- Think, if you want to stay alive. Fear will kill you if you don’t control it.
- We’ll die with the setting sun…
- People don’t see what they don’t expect.
- No eye can see the Pattern until it is woven.
- Politics is a foggy mire full of snakes.
- Try as you will – you cannot make stone live.
- The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills…
PS. Just as hilarious as it is off-topic…