after a complete redesign,
and a complete code rewrite,
released under a full moon,
feature-complete and usable,
Konvert2Ogg 0.2 is here.
I am especially thrilled about what I’ve learned while developing this project:
- How to implement a factory in C++, so that when I want to add a new class, I don’t need to add references to it all over the place.
- As a bonus, make that factory a singleton ;)
- Lots of things about Qt, KDE, and even svn, XHTML and CSS, that I could only learn hands-on. (too many to list)
- I even fixed some bugs / made some improvements to kdelibs while working on K2O!
- Probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting right now.
Although the program now works and does what I want, this is no way the end of the journey. There are many more cool things in the can :D